Harmful Foods For Your Pets


We need to think about the health of our lovely friends who add joy to our lives. Especially the people on the street are often given foods by animal lovers that they cannot digest without being conscious, which may affect their immune systems and therefore threaten their health. Both the living beings in our house and the living beings living on the street need their own food in order to get enough nutrition. Human food can be dangerous for animals. Here are 7 foods that can threaten the health of pets.


For many of us, coffee is an indispensable drink. But for dogs, cats and other pets, coffee can be dangerous. Caffeine causes seizures and abnormal heart rhythms in pets. It can even be fatal in severe cases. Other caffeinated drinks, such as soda or tea, should also be kept away from your four-legged family members.

Bread dough

Uncooked bread dough should definitely not be given to pets, as it can expand in their stomachs. The growth of sourdough in the stomach of a dog can even cause signs of drunkenness. If you suspect that your puppy has eaten uncooked dough, call your veterinarian as soon as possible.


A little chocolate wouldn’t hurt anyone, would it? Wrong. Chocolate can cause dessert crises, and this can be fatal for our sympathetic friends. Dark chocolate, in particular, is more toxic to pets than milk or white chocolate. The toxic components in chocolate include caffeine and theobromine, a chemical found in the cocoa plant.

Grapes and raisins

Grapes and raisins are poisonous to cats and dogs. When you make a recipe with raisins or put grapes on a plate for a snack, make sure that your pet does not eat it.

Macadamia nuts

Macadamia nuts, which are included in most recipes and are usually served as a snack, can be toxic to dogs. Although it is not always easy to detect poisoning in a pet, clinical warning signs include depression, weakness, vomiting, tremors, joint stiffness and lack of coordination.


Onions add flavor to many dishes. But for cats and dogs, onions, along with leeks and garlic, can cause anemia, gastrointestinal problems, increased heart rate and pale gums.


Since they are usually smaller than humans, pets do not need to drink a lot of alcohol to get dangerously ill. Keep your wine glasses out of the reach of pets to avoid any problems.

Like it? Share with your friends!



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *